Friday 1 November 2013

Somaiya Alumni all over the world

I visited Cornell University last week, to attend the Annual University Council Meeting.  I was delighted to meet +Shaheen Mashraqui, our alumna from Somaiya Vidyavihar.  She is studying her Master's in Engineering there, and it was amazing for me to see our own student, studying and walking the streets of Cornell, as I once had so many years ago.  She mentioned that she would be helping to build an alumni database for us.

On the flight back to India, I was sitting next to Kamlesh Vora, who works for Brenntag, one of the world's large chemical distributors.  He is also a Somaiya Alumni, from the K J Somaiya College of Science and Commerce.  He did his Master's degree at the persuasion of Professor Dave, from our college.

Finally, I was invited to The University of Southern California, to speak at an event, where they were opening a Center for Indic Civilizations and Dharma Studies (http://www.indiajournal.com/archives/43476). After my talk, 2 members (one of them was Akshaya Sheth) of the 80 member audience came and said hello, and also introduced themselves as Somaiya Alumni.  Felt so wonderful to have an extended family in all parts of the world.

Samir Somaiya


No comments:

Post a Comment