Tuesday 8 April 2014

On lifelong learning

Started the Somaiya Centre for Lifelong Learning a couple of months ago.  Supriya Rai really helping wonderfully, and shouldering the responsibility to get it going and keep it running.

Ten years ago, when in Cambridge MA, I had a chance to take courses at the Cambridge Centre for Adult Education (Ten years ago, when in Cambridge MA, I had a chance to take courses at the Cambridge Centre for Adult Education (https://www.ccae.org), where so many interesting courses were taught.  And in the same manner as Amrita and I started Kitabkhana (after seeing wonderful bookstores all over the world),  We have now started the Somaiya Centre for Lifelong Learning.

In the past few weeks, we have started a course on Yoga, Tai Chi, Spoken Sanskrit, the Upanishads, A study trip to Patan and Modhera, Sailing, Photography, Spanish Literature, and much more.  In fact, Justice SriKrishna delivered the last lecture on the course on the Upanishads.  What a treat, and what an honour. 

I am myself taking a course in spoken Sanskrit.  My sister and nephew are also taking the course.  Professor Pendse is wonderful.  Really enjoying the course.  I hope I can speak Sanskrit fluently some day.  What a language!!

The Somaiya Centre for Lifelong Learning is located on the second floor of Somaiya Bhavan, Fort, Mumbai.  Above Kitabkhana.

No comments:

Post a Comment